Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person taking administrative responsibility for the financial affairs of a bankrupt and the distribution of assets to creditors.
- ‘On bankruptcy, the assets of the bankrupt vest in his trustee in bankruptcy whose duty is to realize these so far as possible to meet his debts.’
- ‘This is an involuntary effect of the law relating to bankruptcy which transfers the bankrupt's interest to his trustee in bankruptcy when a bankruptcy order is made.’
- ‘Several defendants were named, including the former trustee in bankruptcy.’
- ‘Had he found out at that stage, it would have been clear that the estate was already in bankruptcy and in the hands of the trustee in bankruptcy.’
- ‘Have you received the consent of the trustee in bankruptcy of your bankrupt estate to bring this application?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.