Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sales event for showing merchandise to staff or select customers.‘fashionistas can enjoy a trunk show of the company's winter collection’
- ‘According to Meyers, his next move will be a "very American thing known as the trunk show".’
- ‘Based in North Carolina, she holds trunk shows in Las Vegas, Philadelphia, and Florida, and has been invited twice by Saks Fifth Avenue to New York.’
- ‘Welcome to the newest twist in that venerable fashion institution known as the trunk show.’
- ‘In between Range Rovers vying for prime parking in front of the new East Hampton store (46 Newtown Lane) and air kisses, fashionistas can enjoy a trunk show of the company's fall/winter 2004 collection from 1-4PM, with a percentage of the day's proceeds being donated to the VH1 Save the Music Foundation.’
- ‘To cultivate his clientele, he now travels to conduct private trunk shows in the homes of potential customers.’
- ‘While trunk shows represent too tiny a share of the US $9.6 billion-a-year children's apparel market to measure, they seem poised for growth.’
- ‘Then there are the women Tobin doesn't know, the ones who send her messages from across the country asking if they can run a trunk show themselves.’
- ‘Her designs were originally shown in exclusive art shows and trunk shows.’
- ‘John coordinated and paid outside vendors hired by Saks for trunk shows, cosmetic- and fashion-line debuts, and other special events at the store.’
- ‘Most children's trunk shows draw 75 guests or more and sell US $20,000 to US $45,000 worth of clothes.’
- ‘I don't have any specific recommendations for you, as I only had one done through a guy I met at a trunk show at Mario's (men's clothing store) in Seattle.’
- ‘She has been promoting her line with in-store "trunk shows" at Neiman-Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman in New York and at Selfridges in London.’
- ‘For the first few years, I did a lot of testing of the product by doing as many trunk shows as I could.’
- ‘The trunk show will focus on fall trends and fashions, which would be perfect for your August issue.’
- ‘And Papo d' Anjo is offering 44 trunk shows around the country this fall.’
- ‘Welcoming 300 of the faithful to their sensational Sewickley Heights home, Fran and Fred Fetterolf hosted this swank soiree that included a silent auction with a trunk show of to-die-for furs from Montreal.’
- ‘She discovered Emma T. at a trunk show in Liz Lange's maternity boutique in Beverly Hills last year and immediately offered to hold a show in her West Hollywood home-furnishings shop, Better Things.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.