A climbing shrub with orange or red trumpet-shaped flowers, cultivated as an ornamental.
- ‘This trumpet vine is very similar to C. radicans but blooms in late summer and fall.’
- ‘The trumpet vine rewards us with magnificent orange-red flowers, seems almost impervious to storms and can be planted directly into the sand.’
- ‘A creeper that is flowering at the present and is very worthwhile growing is the orange trumpet creeper.’
- ‘In our southeastern Ohio garden, the hummers love ‘Gartenmeister’ fuchsia, lantana, orange trumpet creeper, delphinium, coral bells, and zinnias.’
- ‘Clinging vines, which include trumpet vine, climbing hydrangea and English ivy, adhere to a surface with tiny aerial rootlets that grow from the stems.’