One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The shell of a large marine mollusk which can be blown to produce a loud note.
Several species in the class Gastropoda, in particular the triton (Charonia tritonis, family Cymatiidae)
- ‘One fun thing is that if you carefully hold this trumpet shell next to your ear, you can hear the ocean!’
- ‘Intertidally, tritons and trumpet shells live on coral reefs or rocky shores, where they feed on a wide variety of invertebrate animals.’
- ‘Perhaps, however, it is more diverting to pick up some unique shells and trumpet shells along the beautiful beaches of Sanya by yourself.’
- ‘Many shells were found, such as money cowries, tiger cowries, cone shells, abalone, spider shells, and the prize one of a large trumpet shell.’
- ‘Outside on the reef are numerous lava formations sheltering critters such as cleaner wrasse, conger eels, tritons, trumpet shells and schooling squirrelfish.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.