One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rib which is attached directly to the breastbone.Compare with floating rib
- ‘The top seven pairs of ribs are called true ribs since they connect directly to the sternum.’
- ‘Instead, costal cartilage attaches these ‘false ribs’ to the last pair of true ribs.’
- ‘The Capsular Ligament surrounds the joints formed between the cartilages of the true ribs and the sternum.’
- ‘It is extremely rare to find an additional rib or pair of ribs in both the cervical and lumbar regions at the same time. Eight true ribs have been observed.’
- ‘These bones are slightly shorter than the true ribs and are connected to the spine in back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.