One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rib which is attached directly to the breastbone.Compare with floating rib
- ‘These bones are slightly shorter than the true ribs and are connected to the spine in back.’
- ‘The top seven pairs of ribs are called true ribs since they connect directly to the sternum.’
- ‘It is extremely rare to find an additional rib or pair of ribs in both the cervical and lumbar regions at the same time. Eight true ribs have been observed.’
- ‘The Capsular Ligament surrounds the joints formed between the cartilages of the true ribs and the sternum.’
- ‘Instead, costal cartilage attaches these ‘false ribs’ to the last pair of true ribs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.