One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bowling does not appeal to the radical, the rebellious or the truculently anti-establishment.’
- ‘And yet, were it not for those social and masculine pressures, it is difficult to imagine that women would make some of the ‘personal’ choices they now truculently defend.’
- ‘Anyway,’ she continued truculently, ‘it is not even your money.’’
- ‘Bill adds, truculently: ‘All that stuff happened about two or three weeks before it opened and then we never heard another whisper out of them.’’
- ‘During the first quarter of the 20th century, nationalism and socialism were assimilated into Irish politics to repel the British occupation, but Irish writers truculently refused to follow these beliefs blindly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.