Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The activity of catching or trying to catch trout, either for food or as a sport.
- ‘I have used this pattern for still water and river trouting.’
- ‘Early and late season trouting is normally best and you will need a long rod to throw a good length of line.’
- ‘Having previously touched upon the use of Crayfish patterns in stillwater trouting, I will now consider tactics I have successfully used to deceive numbers of both brown and rainbow trout over the past twelve months.’
- ‘Over the past couple of years I have changed my approach to river trouting, gone are the 6 weight rods, being exchanged for three and four weight outfits.’
- ‘When it came to river trouting, I was a dry fly river man or upstream nymphing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.