One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American dogtooth violet with yellow flowers, so called from its mottled leaves.Also called adder's tongue
- ‘This triggers the appearance of a number of wildflowers: trillium, phlox, trout lily, Dutchman's breeches, violets, wild strawberries and many more.’
- ‘Declines in other plants, such as the northeastern trout lily, have also been anecdotally linked with exotic earthworm invasions, he said.’
- ‘From there, you can hike an easy 2.3 miles past patches of yellow trout lilies, fiddlehead ferns and pink Himalayan jewel-weed to the five-stage Fuller Falls.’
- ‘But on his acreage you can be just an instant from trillium, twin leaf, and trout lily.’
- ‘Further along the same bed is a group of Erythronium revolutum, the American trout lily, which has also been gradually increasing each year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.