One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American dogtooth violet with yellow flowers, so called from its mottled leaves.Also called adder's tongue
- ‘This triggers the appearance of a number of wildflowers: trillium, phlox, trout lily, Dutchman's breeches, violets, wild strawberries and many more.’
- ‘Further along the same bed is a group of Erythronium revolutum, the American trout lily, which has also been gradually increasing each year.’
- ‘Declines in other plants, such as the northeastern trout lily, have also been anecdotally linked with exotic earthworm invasions, he said.’
- ‘But on his acreage you can be just an instant from trillium, twin leaf, and trout lily.’
- ‘From there, you can hike an easy 2.3 miles past patches of yellow trout lilies, fiddlehead ferns and pink Himalayan jewel-weed to the five-stage Fuller Falls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.