One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A growing stage in the life cycle of some sporozoan parasites, when they are absorbing nutrients from the host.
- ‘Biopsy of colonic ulcer edges may yield intramural trophozoites but carries with it the risk of perforation.’
- ‘To measure parasite burden of winners and losers, we assessed the number of eugregarine trophozoites in a male's mid-gut by removing the entire gut carefully and making light microscope thin-section preparations.’
- ‘The cyst wall disintegrates in the small intestine, releasing motile trophozoites.’
- ‘Ingested cysts hatch into trophozoites in the small intestine and continue moving down the digestive tract to the colon.’
- ‘Exposure to bile is the primary stimulus for encystation, where trophozoites transform into cysts that pass out with the feces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.