One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ship designed or used for transporting troops.
- ‘Our troopship came into a former Japanese naval port and after a few hours we were put on a train.’
- ‘Had one of our aircraft-carriers or troopships been sunk before the troops got ashore, British forces would have been in deep trouble.’
- ‘Ship casualties would have been higher if bombs had burst on impact, and British prospects would have been poor if troopships rather than warships had been lost.’
- ‘Generally, troopships moved units to the theaters.’
- ‘His frigate served initially as a troopship in the 1801 operations, before assuming the role of a hospital ship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.