One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large aircraft or armored vehicle or ship designed for transporting troops.
- ‘In this command, there would be a theater air transport division and a troop carrier command to provide all tactical airlift and airborne operations.’
- ‘It apparently shows a strike on the troop carrier, which was flying low in clear conditions.’
- ‘Originally planned as an air ambulance, the Huey was later rigged as a gun ship and a troop carrier.’
- ‘It is the principle troop carrier, transporting ten or more militiamen who can fight in mounted or dismounted formations.’
- ‘The new vehicle weighs about half as much as the current troop carrier in use by the military.’
troop carrier/ˈtro͞op ˌkerēər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.