One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Three geometric construction problems from antiquity puzzled mathematicians for centuries: the trisection of an angle, squaring the circle, and duplicating the cube.’
- ‘He also discussed parabolas, angle trisection and magic squares.’
- ‘Squaring the circle is one of the three great problems of Classical Geometry, along with the trisection of the angle and the duplication of the cube.’
- ‘Nicomedes, who was highly critical of Eratosthenes mechanical solution, gave a construction which used the conchoid curve which he also used to solve the problem of trisection of an angle.’
- ‘In extending from the Pythagorean numbers to the totally real Vietens, it is important to understand the constructions involving trisections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.