One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the class of sugars whose molecules contain three monosaccharide molecules.
- ‘A monosaccharide was excluded from 15% and a trisaccharide from about 38% of this space.’
- ‘This enzyme is secreted by the pancreas and has the same activity as salivary amylase, producing disaccharides and trisaccharides.’
- ‘This interference of water with carbohydrate-membrane interactions in the dry state has been shown for several mono-, di-, and trisaccharides.’
- ‘Raffinose is a trisaccharide sugar with a mean molecular weight of 594 D that prevents pulmonary water diffusion and cellular swelling in a more efficient way than do monosaccharides and dissaccharides.’
- ‘We attribute these sites to the trisaccharide and disaccharide structures, respectively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.