One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although triploidy and haploidy of chromosomal regions in humans often cause viable or semiviable developmental defects, it is difficult to identify regions of the genome that are haplolethal.’
- ‘Multiple gestation, gestational trophoblastic disease, triploidy, trisomy 21 syndrome, and hydrops fetalis have been associated with an increased incidence of hyperemesis gravidarum.’
- ‘The first hypothesis assumes that triploidy is associated with the origin of parthenogenesis and that both diploid and tetraploid parthenogenetic forms are derived.’
- ‘In humans, 10% of spontaneous miscarriages are due to triploidy, but triploids of fish and amphibians can grow to adults and some species are even fixed in the triploid state.’
- ‘Before examining the transcript levels in triploid hybrids, the effects of triploidy per se need to be considered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.