One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Only 4% of the recombination events gave such a triplication.’
- ‘Originally presented to staff as a means of reducing administrative triplication, it has since become clear that the plan will eliminate at least 250 jobs, including teaching positions, mainly at the lowest pay scales.’
- ‘A face can also be doubled (or multiplied, for instance, in the triplication of one actress within the same image) or borrowed.’
- ‘Because of triplication of genetic material, wheat can tolerate the loss of whole chromosomes, arms, and segments.’
- ‘This map is used to estimate the degree of redundancy of chromosomes (i.e., the number of duplications, triplications, etc.).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.