Musical time with three beats to the bar.
- ‘A gentle and lyrical andantino in triple time with a lilting rhythm and an emotional central section ended intimately, in stillness.’
- ‘If the number is divisible by three, then it will be triple time; if by two, duple.’
- ‘The Hambo is danced in triple time, like a waltz.’
- ‘The second issue, the interpretation of time signatures and the relationship between duple and triple time, is more controversial.’
- ‘Anthems written for the Chapel Royal at this time make much use of jaunty dotted rhythms in triple time, with accompaniments, ritornellos, and overtures for violins.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.