One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Musical time with three beats to the bar.‘seven bars in triple time’
- ‘If the number is divisible by three, then it will be triple time; if by two, duple.’
- ‘A gentle and lyrical andantino in triple time with a lilting rhythm and an emotional central section ended intimately, in stillness.’
- ‘Anthems written for the Chapel Royal at this time make much use of jaunty dotted rhythms in triple time, with accompaniments, ritornellos, and overtures for violins.’
- ‘The Hambo is danced in triple time, like a waltz.’
- ‘The second issue, the interpretation of time signatures and the relationship between duple and triple time, is more controversial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.