One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feminine rhyme involving one stressed and two unstressed syllables in each rhyming line.
- ‘The triple rhyme is often used for a humorous effect.’
- ‘Hidden rhymes may be single, double or triple rhymes in just the same way as whole word rhymes.’
- ‘Feminine rhyme isn't necessarily associated with comic effect, although triple rhyme is.’
- ‘In any case, the poem turns out to be a variant of terza rima, with triple rhyme and three lines per stanza, but unorthodox in its positioning of rhymes.’
- ‘If you are rhyming words such as ‘happiness’ and ‘sappiness,’ you are using what is known as a triple rhyme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.