One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feminine rhyme involving one stressed and two unstressed syllables in each rhyming line.
- ‘The triple rhyme is often used for a humorous effect.’
- ‘Feminine rhyme isn't necessarily associated with comic effect, although triple rhyme is.’
- ‘If you are rhyming words such as ‘happiness’ and ‘sappiness,’ you are using what is known as a triple rhyme.’
- ‘In any case, the poem turns out to be a variant of terza rima, with triple rhyme and three lines per stanza, but unorthodox in its positioning of rhymes.’
- ‘Hidden rhymes may be single, double or triple rhymes in just the same way as whole word rhymes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.