One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The achievement of a double-digit total in three of five statistical categories (assists, blocks, points, rebounds, and steals) over the course of a single game.‘Joakim was one assist away from a triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists in Chicago's win over the Celtics’
- ‘The junior forward is a threat to put up a triple-double every night.’
- ‘Congrats to Duncan on his first triple-double of the season.’
- ‘Mason can turn in a triple-double or a double assault on any given night.’
- ‘Our guy Davis just missed a triple-double last night in his squad's one-point heartbreaking loss to the Pacers.’
- ‘He responded by zipping passes to his wide-open teammates and finished with 10 assists as part of a triple-double in a blowout win.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.