One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The discourses of the Buddha, collected in the first century and arranged into the three divisions of sermons, monastic law, and metaphysics. Only the compilation of the Theravada school, written in Pali, survives in its entirety.
- ‘There are well bound Tripitakas on ola leaves written in Pali displayed in a separate bookshelf.’
- ‘Tradition has it that the Tripitaka was first compiled in about 250 B.C. by a Buddhist council convened by the Indian Emperor Asoka.’
- ‘During the readings, the monks and the members of the public will read the Tripitaka aloud in unison.’
- ‘The number of volumes comprising the Tripitakas is without parallel in any other religion.’
- ‘They contain 84,000 articles or Tripitakas of Buddha's teachings, written in Pali with Khmer translations.’
From Sanskrit tripiṭaka, literally ‘the three baskets or collections’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.