One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The next Sunday after Pentecost, observed in the Western Christian Church as a feast in honor of the Holy Trinity.
- ‘In Christian gatherings, if Spirit is mentioned, it is usually something of an afterthought-a bow to the Trinity on Trinity Sunday, or in a supercharged-almost apologetic-way on the Day of Pentecost.’
- ‘At times churches have come to Trinity Sunday and have not given it the attention that it deserves.’
- ‘Appropriately, these were held on the weekend of Trinity Sunday, usually in June.’
- ‘All those daunted by the next sermon for Trinity Sunday will benefit from his exposition!’
- ‘It begins with Trinity Sunday and extends through the Reign of Christ / Christ the King Sunday.’
- ‘The point of Trinity Sunday is not to try to figure out a mathematical or metaphysical puzzle.’
- ‘The church was called The Church of the Holy Trinity and the Patron Day was traditionally held on Trinity Sunday.’
- ‘The parish community extend sincere good wishes and support to Fr. Tomas Surlis, Tubbercurry, who was ordained to the priesthood on Trinity Sunday, in Tubbercurry Church.’
- ‘The full ‘Trinitarian formula,’ which, most likely, makes this text the choice for Trinity Sunday, is a later development of the New Testament church.’
- ‘Unlike Easter, Pentecost, Christmas or Epiphany, Trinity Sunday, has no narrative, no biblical story to ground us in space and time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.