One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the island Trinidad or its people.‘songs in Trinidadian dialect’
- ‘Bringing together 20 now little-heard songs, this CD celebrates Trinidadian calypso's arrival in London in the 10 years or so after 1945.’
- ‘He is currently the biggest name on the Trinidadian soca scene.’
- ‘The Trinidadian striker whirled and thumped in a volley which looked net-bound but just skimmed by the left-hand post.’
- ‘In purely practical terms, he was the first Trinidadian artist to actually earn a living solely from his art, paving the way for two generations of professional artists.’
A native or inhabitant of the island Trinidad.‘the umpire was a Trinidadian’
- ‘The Trinidadian favoured long chapters and winding sentences.’
- ‘Every living Trinidadian knows his songs.’
- ‘Stephen is like everybody else, an ordinary Trinidadian going about his business, making a living, looking after his family, enjoying Trinidad life.’
- ‘Trinidadians are truly friendly, the cuisine is excellent, and lively arts such as theater plays and music are instantly available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.