One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the island Trinidad or its people.‘songs in Trinidadian dialect’
- ‘Bringing together 20 now little-heard songs, this CD celebrates Trinidadian calypso's arrival in London in the 10 years or so after 1945.’
- ‘The Trinidadian striker whirled and thumped in a volley which looked net-bound but just skimmed by the left-hand post.’
- ‘In purely practical terms, he was the first Trinidadian artist to actually earn a living solely from his art, paving the way for two generations of professional artists.’
- ‘He is currently the biggest name on the Trinidadian soca scene.’
A native or inhabitant of the island Trinidad.‘the umpire was a Trinidadian’
- ‘Trinidadians are truly friendly, the cuisine is excellent, and lively arts such as theater plays and music are instantly available.’
- ‘Every living Trinidadian knows his songs.’
- ‘The Trinidadian favoured long chapters and winding sentences.’
- ‘Stephen is like everybody else, an ordinary Trinidadian going about his business, making a living, looking after his family, enjoying Trinidad life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.