One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small potentiometer used to make small adjustments to the value of resistance or voltage in an electronic circuit.
- ‘After poking around a few minutes I found that the trimpots adjusted the bias on the transistors.’
- ‘If we chose a trimpot with a value of 50 ohm, then on the other hand the 3A can not be obtained.’
- ‘Thus, you can certainly adjust the trimpot to balance the circuit for a zero volt output.’
- ‘When you are satisfied that the trimpot is flush on the board, solder the remaining two pins.’
- ‘Most of our current designs use smaller size trimpots that are adjusted with a tuning tool or small screwdriver.’
- ‘A feature of this PSU that greatly impressed me was that you could rotate a trimpot inside the PSU to adjust your 12V and 5V rails.’
- ‘In this amp, if the trimpot loses contact the quiescent current will decrease, not increase.’
- ‘Next I decided to have a play with the trimpot inside the unit.’
- ‘Accurate setting of these trimpots is required for safe, reliable and repeatable performance.’
- ‘I like my tremolo to be relatively transparent which is achieved with the trimpot set at unity volume.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.