One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small potentiometer used to make small adjustments to the value of resistance or voltage in an electronic circuit.
- ‘Most of our current designs use smaller size trimpots that are adjusted with a tuning tool or small screwdriver.’
- ‘After poking around a few minutes I found that the trimpots adjusted the bias on the transistors.’
- ‘In this amp, if the trimpot loses contact the quiescent current will decrease, not increase.’
- ‘Accurate setting of these trimpots is required for safe, reliable and repeatable performance.’
- ‘Next I decided to have a play with the trimpot inside the unit.’
- ‘A feature of this PSU that greatly impressed me was that you could rotate a trimpot inside the PSU to adjust your 12V and 5V rails.’
- ‘If we chose a trimpot with a value of 50 ohm, then on the other hand the 3A can not be obtained.’
- ‘When you are satisfied that the trimpot is flush on the board, solder the remaining two pins.’
- ‘Thus, you can certainly adjust the trimpot to balance the circuit for a zero volt output.’
- ‘I like my tremolo to be relatively transparent which is achieved with the trimpot set at unity volume.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.