One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extinct marine arthropod that occurred abundantly during the Paleozoic era, with a carapace over the forepart, and a segmented hind part divided longitudinally into three lobes.
Subphylum Trilobita, phylum Arthropoda: numerous classes and orders
- ‘Clearly visible within the imprint were the remains of trilobites, extinct marine arthropods.’
- ‘Some studies that dealt mostly with Upper Cambrian and Lower Ordovician trilobites included descriptions of brachiopods.’
- ‘But in fact, there are very distinct patterns found in the fossil record of trilobites.’
- ‘These fossils include graptolites, trilobites, and various types of microfossils visible only under the microscope.’
- ‘In recent years Cambrian trilobites and brachiopods have been discovered in Bhutan, close to the eastern syntaxis of the Himalaya.’
Mid 19th century: from modern Latin Trilobites, from Greek tri- ‘three’ + lobos ‘lobe’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.