Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An aircraft having three jet engines.
- ‘As with all Falcon trijets, the center engine will have a thrust reverser.’
- ‘For some reason, i expected the tri-jet design to be sleeker.’
- ‘In either case, the total thrust of the trijet will be more than 18,000 lb.’
- ‘With a 200-ft section of fence still attached to the number-two engine nacelle, the careening trijet continued across a two-lane road where it struck three vehicles.’
- ‘In the 1970s and 80s, the skies were filled with trijets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.