An aircraft having three jet engines.
- ‘For some reason, i expected the tri-jet design to be sleeker.’
- ‘In the 1970s and 80s, the skies were filled with trijets.’
- ‘In either case, the total thrust of the trijet will be more than 18,000 lb.’
- ‘As with all Falcon trijets, the center engine will have a thrust reverser.’
- ‘With a 200-ft section of fence still attached to the number-two engine nacelle, the careening trijet continued across a two-lane road where it struck three vehicles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.