Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another term for haloform.
- ‘Some, including trihalomethanes, as well as many pesticides, herbicides, and industrial solvents are regulated by the government.’
- ‘However, when chlorine combines with other materials in water, it forms chloroform and related chemicals called trihalomethanes.’
- ‘Compounds known as trihalomethanes are formed and have been identified as potentially cancer-causing.’
- ‘The 3 studies using routine measurements of trihalomethanes constituted a homogeneous group.’
- ‘The protective effect of both rural residence and use of well water suggests less exposure to chlorine-treated water among people with lower blood levels of trihalomethanes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.