One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for haloform
- ‘Some, including trihalomethanes, as well as many pesticides, herbicides, and industrial solvents are regulated by the government.’
- ‘However, when chlorine combines with other materials in water, it forms chloroform and related chemicals called trihalomethanes.’
- ‘The protective effect of both rural residence and use of well water suggests less exposure to chlorine-treated water among people with lower blood levels of trihalomethanes.’
- ‘The 3 studies using routine measurements of trihalomethanes constituted a homogeneous group.’
- ‘Compounds known as trihalomethanes are formed and have been identified as potentially cancer-causing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.