One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for haloform
- ‘Compounds known as trihalomethanes are formed and have been identified as potentially cancer-causing.’
- ‘The 3 studies using routine measurements of trihalomethanes constituted a homogeneous group.’
- ‘The protective effect of both rural residence and use of well water suggests less exposure to chlorine-treated water among people with lower blood levels of trihalomethanes.’
- ‘However, when chlorine combines with other materials in water, it forms chloroform and related chemicals called trihalomethanes.’
- ‘Some, including trihalomethanes, as well as many pesticides, herbicides, and industrial solvents are regulated by the government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.