One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Astronomy, time-keeping and geography provided other motivations for geometrical and trigonometrical research.’
- ‘But there were algebraic, trigonometrical, and simple Pythagorian solutions offered, too’
- ‘Rather than using geometrical methods, as Ptolemy had done, al-Battani used trigonometrical methods which were an important advance.’
- ‘He studied algebras and published papers on trigonometrical series.’
- ‘It is perhaps surprising that the second most important trigonometrical function during the period we have discussed was the versed sine, a function now hardly used at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.