One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the fifth and largest pair of cranial nerves, supplying the front part of the head and dividing into the ophthalmic, maxillary, and mandibular nerves.
- ‘When this foramen is absent, the artery enters the foramen ovale, which is typically the foramen for the mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve.’
- ‘There is contiguous spread to the ipsilateral ACA and MCA via a perivascular plexus supplied by the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve.’
- ‘The most frequently involved cranial nerve dermatome is the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve.’
- ‘Loss of sensation in the distribution of the maxillary and mandibular divisions of the trigeminal nerve is usually well tolerated, as is the removal of the glenoid fossa.’
- ‘The circuit for this reflex comprises the trigeminal nerve, pons crossover, and motor innervation via the facial nerve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.