One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A battery charger that produces a very small current.
- ‘This invention relates in general to battery chargers, and more particularly, to solar power trickle chargers for lead acid batteries.’
- ‘The engine I use with this boat is a 9.9hp four stroke with electric start and a trickle charger which keeps the battery topped up.’
- ‘Both taper and trickle chargers are slow.’
- ‘Present trickle chargers, largely due to their inherent lack of sophistication, are generally compatible with only one or two battery types.’
- ‘It is a rapid charger unlike the trickle chargers that normally come with rechargeable battery operated devices (like your cell phone and radios).’
- ‘Although trickle chargers often appear to be a better economic choice for the typical consumer, trickle chargers don't have the advantage of sophisticated electronic control.’
- ‘These charge a battery and then maintain them at charged level by cycling on and off when necessary without over charging which trickle chargers can do.’
- ‘Larger transformers used in tapered and trickle chargers have the disadvantages of high heat generation, greater weight, and lower efficiency.’
- ‘The solution is to keep the battery topped up with a trickle charger, ensuring immobilisers and the like won't run it down while the car sits in the garage.’
- ‘The trickle charger will provide continuous power to your car battery and prevent dead batteries.’
- ‘Dumb trickle chargers usually get the job done in 12 to 14 hours, but they may be faster or slower.’
- ‘If your trickle charger has no cutoff circuit, and you forget to remove the cells, they'll sit there warm to the touch, being slowly cooked.’
- ‘They are also not trickle chargers although they look very much like one.’
- ‘If you attach the trickle charger to an inexpensive wall socket timer you can avoid leaving the battery on charge too long.’
trickle charger/ˈtrikəl ˈCHärjər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.