One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having or using three colors.
- ‘The general principle underlying the design of visual trichromatic colorimeters. may be briefly summarized as follows.’
- ‘An important theory was put forward by Young in the 18th century and was developed by Helmholz to give the trichromatic scheme which states that there are three fundamental colours.’
- 1.1 Having normal color vision, which is sensitive to all three primary colors.
- ‘People with trichromatic color vision see not only four primary colors (blue, green, yellow, and red) but also various intermediate colors between them.’
- ‘The human eye is trichromatic, as our color vision involves three distinct classes of cones.’
- ‘The nocturnal origins of primates imposed constraints on certain sensory systems, namely trichromatic vision.’
- ‘Many species - including the trichromatic honeybee - have a kind of photoreceptor sensitive to the near-ultraviolet, outside the visible spectrum.’
- ‘Accordingly, the successful acquisition of fruits (or fruits of particular colors) cannot be strongly tied to the evolution of routine trichromatic vision.’
- ‘Here I show that softening texture also characterizes the fruit ripening process, and that color is of ambiguous importance to primates possessing trichromatic vision.’
- ‘Theoretical modeling of fruit spectra into the trichromatic color space of catarrhine primates yielded similar results.’
- ‘Why would the only monkey in South America to evolve trichromatic vision be the one that eats the least amount of fruit?’
- ‘Primates, including humans, have three cones and can thus distinguish three of the primary color phases, giving us trichromatic vision, or high color resolution.’
- ‘Similarly, we may have preferences for certain colors based on the primate trichromatic color visual system.’
- ‘None of today's New World monkeys has trichromatic color vision - except for the howler monkey.’
- ‘Between 30 million and 35 million years ago, however, our primate ancestors began to develop the trichromatic color sensitivity that humans, apes, and Old World monkeys possess today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.