Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medical and cosmetic study and practice concerned with the hair and scalp.
- ‘Arguably, a regular trim is also said to make your hair grow faster and thicker, but trichology dictates that hair only grows about a half-inch a month.’
- ‘Readers were not to know which of the widely quoted trichology experts were provided by the drug company's PR firm.’
- ‘Forensic trichology can determine the approximate age, body mass, race, and other important traits of the hairs' owner.’
- ‘Trichology is not an alternative therapy, but is part of the science of dermatology.’
- ‘Long before the phrase ‘alternative medicine’ was spoken, a practice called trichology was quietly integrating conventional drugs with alternative techniques.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.