One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medical and cosmetic study and practice concerned with the hair and scalp.
- ‘Trichology is not an alternative therapy, but is part of the science of dermatology.’
- ‘Arguably, a regular trim is also said to make your hair grow faster and thicker, but trichology dictates that hair only grows about a half-inch a month.’
- ‘Forensic trichology can determine the approximate age, body mass, race, and other important traits of the hairs' owner.’
- ‘Long before the phrase ‘alternative medicine’ was spoken, a practice called trichology was quietly integrating conventional drugs with alternative techniques.’
- ‘Readers were not to know which of the widely quoted trichology experts were provided by the drug company's PR firm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.