The branch of medical and cosmetic study and practice concerned with the hair and scalp.
- ‘Long before the phrase ‘alternative medicine’ was spoken, a practice called trichology was quietly integrating conventional drugs with alternative techniques.’
- ‘Readers were not to know which of the widely quoted trichology experts were provided by the drug company's PR firm.’
- ‘Trichology is not an alternative therapy, but is part of the science of dermatology.’
- ‘Arguably, a regular trim is also said to make your hair grow faster and thicker, but trichology dictates that hair only grows about a half-inch a month.’
- ‘Forensic trichology can determine the approximate age, body mass, race, and other important traits of the hairs' owner.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.