Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for Krebs cycle
- ‘Expression of the mitochondrial tricarboxylic acid cycle genes also showed little change and those with significant differences in the pho3 mutant were increased.’
- ‘Recent experimental data clearly support the existence of metabolons especially for the Krebs tricarboxylic acid cycle.’
- ‘The succinate dehydrogenase complex (complex II) plays a role in both the tricarboxylic acid cycle and electron transfer to ubiquinone.’
- ‘Urinary citrate is mainly derived endogenously through the tricarboxylic acid cycle and is excreted by renal tubular cells.’
- ‘These include catabolism and biosynthesis of aspartate, conversion of tricarboxylic acid cycle intermediates to amino acids and the assimilation of fixed nitrogen into asparagine in amide exporting nodules.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.