One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The triboluminescent spectrum is basically similar to that of photoluminescence, which correlates with the disorders of F atoms.’
- ‘One reference states that research is underway to apply triboluminescent flashes to sense automobile crashes and inflate air bags.’
- ‘Some of the triboluminescent materials appear to partially decompose in an hourglass shape that suggests chemical reaction occurs selectively along only some crystal axes.’
- ‘It occurred to me, however, that triboluminescent materials, which emit light only when fractured, could offer a better approach.’
- ‘Some scientists believe that crystal structure and impurities are central to whether a material becomes triboluminescent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.