Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of friction, wear, lubrication, and the design of bearings; the science of interacting surfaces in relative motion.
- ‘There is little understanding of tribology; consequently, it requires a systematic approach and a broad knowledge of Chemistry, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Metallurgy, and Solid Mechanics.’
- ‘Our vision is to be the nationally recognized facility of choice for performing research and development in machining, inspection, and tribology of ceramics and other high performance materials.’
- ‘Research on adhesion in surface engineering and tribology is a recent topic within the group.’
- ‘Conventional tribology has become well established in the past fifty years but the few handbooks that exist are dated.’
- ‘He has edited several books and conference proceedings on machining and tribology of advanced materials.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.