One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of friction, wear, lubrication, and the design of bearings; the science of interacting surfaces in relative motion.
- ‘Our vision is to be the nationally recognized facility of choice for performing research and development in machining, inspection, and tribology of ceramics and other high performance materials.’
- ‘Conventional tribology has become well established in the past fifty years but the few handbooks that exist are dated.’
- ‘Research on adhesion in surface engineering and tribology is a recent topic within the group.’
- ‘There is little understanding of tribology; consequently, it requires a systematic approach and a broad knowledge of Chemistry, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Metallurgy, and Solid Mechanics.’
- ‘He has edited several books and conference proceedings on machining and tribology of advanced materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.