One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electric charge generated by friction.
- ‘In addition, their work added considerably to the body of knowledge of triboelectricity and its effects.’
- ‘Because they're high power, interference and hum are very small by comparison, so the wires can be unshielded, and triboelectricity is not a problem.’
- ‘Such a device uses electrical power to maintain a charge and overcome the temporary tendency of triboelectricity.’
- ‘To obtain satisfactory image quality, magnetic toner preferably has a volume average particle diameter of 5-15. mu.m, a volume resistivity of 10.sup.13. OMEGA… cm or more, and a triboelectricity in an absolute value of 5-60. mu.C / g.’
- ‘These three triboeffects acoustic emission, triboelectricity and triboluminescence are coherent and all can be used for the friction interpretation as well as to their applications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.