Electric charge generated by friction.
- ‘In addition, their work added considerably to the body of knowledge of triboelectricity and its effects.’
- ‘These three triboeffects acoustic emission, triboelectricity and triboluminescence are coherent and all can be used for the friction interpretation as well as to their applications.’
- ‘Such a device uses electrical power to maintain a charge and overcome the temporary tendency of triboelectricity.’
- ‘To obtain satisfactory image quality, magnetic toner preferably has a volume average particle diameter of 5-15. mu.m, a volume resistivity of 10.sup.13. OMEGA… cm or more, and a triboelectricity in an absolute value of 5-60. mu.C / g.’
- ‘Because they're high power, interference and hum are very small by comparison, so the wires can be unshielded, and triboelectricity is not a problem.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.