One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or relating to three axes, especially in mechanical or astronomical contexts.
- ‘The samples were tested in a triaxial compression test machine without applying cell pressure.’
- ‘The results obtained from notched-bar tests are not readily expressed in terms of design requirements, since it is not possible to measure the components of the triaxial stress condition at the notch.’
- ‘Findings of this study suggest that conventional triaxial apparatus still dominates, particularly in rock mechanics to study multi fluid flow through rocks and its stress/strain behavior.’
- ‘The static triaxial shear test and its modified version (Texas triaxial test) can be used to determine shear strength under static loading.’
- ‘Figure 6 shows typical stress, strain and deformability relationships measured during each triaxial compression test.’
- ‘Following each triaxial test it was noticed that the low strength specimens, grades C and D, generally sheared along one smooth inclined plane of failure.’
- ‘However, the devices used in these studies are unable to provide detailed information on time spent in different activities in real life and are likely less sensitive than triaxial accelerometers.’
- ‘The triaxial plan gives classrooms daylight on both sides which are entered off a remarkably economical central hall, while stores and lavatories occupy the corners.’
- ‘The formation of a necked region or mild notch introduces triaxial stresses, which make it difficult to determine accurately the longitudinal tensile stress on out to fracture.’
- ‘It also can be seen that both criteria coincide in the triaxial path (compression or extension), but differ for any other stress paths.’
- ‘Where direct determination is to be performed, a variety of test methods (including repeated load triaxial, indirect diametrical tensile and unconfined compression) are available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.