One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of cellulose acetate containing three acetate groups per glucose monomer, used as a basis for man-made fibers.
- ‘The near-ambient UV treatment used premium cellulose triacetate, which transmitted all solar wavelengths equally (similar to the Aclar used in other studies).’
- ‘Acetate and triacetate are as flammable or slightly less flammable than cotton.’
- ‘Some of this sensitivity may be due in part to the use of cellulose triacetate filters in this study because they do not entirely filter out the shortwave UV-B.’
- ‘Plastics based on cellulose (primarily wood pulp) include cellulose esters such as cellulose acetate, diacetate, and triacetate, and mixed esters such as cellulose acetate butyrate.’
- ‘For the UV-exclusion study, similar computations were made with the vinyl and triacetate filters as the end member treatments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.