(of a mobile phone) having three frequencies, enabling it to be used in different regions (typically Europe and the US)
- ‘I want a plain, reliable tri-band phone with good battery life.’
- ‘That's promised to be a triband handset using Microsoft's HTML browser.’
- ‘Like the 6600, the 3100 is a tri-band phone that supports XHTML and is GPRS compatible.’
- ‘Some (usually more expensive) are tri-band, which means you can also use them in the US and Canada.’
- ‘The phone itself is a fairly standard tri-band GSM handset.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.