One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Reports of trepanation (or trephination) have been spotty throughout history, but there is little doubt of its existence dating back to Neolithic times.’
- ‘As in trephination performed by the Incas who traded their melancholy for a helmet made from a turtle shell.’
- ‘He excelled in both, as a professor of surgery at the Bicetre in Paris and as a noted anthropologist dealing with a plethora of subjects, including the Cro-Magnon man and Neolithic trephination.’
- ‘Old types of corneal prostheses required a full trephination of the cornea.’
- ‘However - remarkably and inexplicably - the earliest major surgery of which we have undoubted evidence is trephination of the skull, which dates back to at least 5000 BC in the Stone Age period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.