One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]derogatory, informal
Make (something or someone) very fashionable or up to date in style or influence.‘the cafe has been trendified to look like a wine bar’
- ‘I need to keep away from magazines and high street stores and everything trendified for a long time.’
- ‘Face the fact and stop trendifying cultures - it's an insult to those of us who actually have one.’
- ‘She won't be hyped, marketed, trendified, commodified, put in a box - and even though she probably loathes sound-bites as well, she has a way with words when describing her fierce individualism.’
- ‘I think it should be re-introduced, and trendified somehow.’
- ‘All the other spellings are just horrid and atrocious, and trendifying an extremely beautiful name.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.