One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Maintaining good oral hygiene, eating a healthy diet, not smoking and keeping stress under control will reduce the risk of trench mouth developing.’
- ‘Acute ulcerative gingivitis, also known as Vincent's disease or trench mouth, is due to a bacterial infection of the gums.’
- ‘After eating from wormy, mouldy trenchers, one would get ‘trench mouth.’’
- ‘Only the older doctors in the office knew what trench mouth is.’
- ‘Some medieval people may have suffered from it, too, but they didn't call it ‘trench mouth.’’
- ‘The book is designed for physicians, medical students preparing for Board examinations, medical researchers, and patients who want to become familiar with research dedicated to trench mouth.’
- ‘Bad breath also may be a sign of oral diseases such as ‘trench mouth’ - an inflammation of the mouth and gums - or advanced periodontal disease involving the gums and foundations of the teeth.’
- ‘Antibiotics, along with a professional dental cleaning, can usually clear the infection from trench mouth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.