One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Antibiotics, along with a professional dental cleaning, can usually clear the infection from trench mouth.’
- ‘Acute ulcerative gingivitis, also known as Vincent's disease or trench mouth, is due to a bacterial infection of the gums.’
- ‘After eating from wormy, mouldy trenchers, one would get ‘trench mouth.’’
- ‘Maintaining good oral hygiene, eating a healthy diet, not smoking and keeping stress under control will reduce the risk of trench mouth developing.’
- ‘Bad breath also may be a sign of oral diseases such as ‘trench mouth’ - an inflammation of the mouth and gums - or advanced periodontal disease involving the gums and foundations of the teeth.’
- ‘Only the older doctors in the office knew what trench mouth is.’
- ‘The book is designed for physicians, medical students preparing for Board examinations, medical researchers, and patients who want to become familiar with research dedicated to trench mouth.’
- ‘Some medieval people may have suffered from it, too, but they didn't call it ‘trench mouth.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.