Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any parasitic flatworm of the class "Trematoda", especially a fluke, having hookers or suckers.
- ‘All trematodes are parasitic, and most adult trematodes parasitize vertebrates.’
- ‘There are a few parasites of the black crappie, which include many protozoa, trematodes, cestodes, and nematodes.’
- ‘The 2 afflicted trematodes came from the same shark.’
- ‘And this is what we want to do now, briefly consider the infracommunity dynamics of trematodes in their molluscan hosts.’
- ‘For example, crickets infected with bacteria, Drosophila infested with mites, and amphipods harboring trematodes all increase reproductive activity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.