Any parasitic flatworm of the class "Trematoda", especially a fluke, having hookers or suckers.
- ‘The 2 afflicted trematodes came from the same shark.’
- ‘All trematodes are parasitic, and most adult trematodes parasitize vertebrates.’
- ‘And this is what we want to do now, briefly consider the infracommunity dynamics of trematodes in their molluscan hosts.’
- ‘There are a few parasites of the black crappie, which include many protozoa, trematodes, cestodes, and nematodes.’
- ‘For example, crickets infected with bacteria, Drosophila infested with mites, and amphipods harboring trematodes all increase reproductive activity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.