One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The treelessness of the region has been produced gradually, by the increasing dryness of the climate.’
- ‘The number of other theories that have been advanced at different times to account for the treelessness of the prairies is very great.’
- ‘He marveled at arid treelessness.’
- ‘Through the window of treelessness, the sunset is paralysing, a fireball sinking into rolling hills.’
- ‘But as for the cons, the treelessness is only in some places and that's because this is part of the prairie states.’
- ‘Other hypothesized explanations for treelessness have included both soil moisture limitations or excessive soil moisture.’
- ‘Why their comparative treelessness should deter the visitor is a problem.’
- ‘At first it's all barren desert, but, once you get into the state about 20 miles and the small towns start popping up, that treelessness begins to remind you of the treelessness of the midwest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.