One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an area) having no trees.‘a barren treeless landscape’‘a virtually treeless island’
- ‘There are numerous side channels and grassy, treeless islands.’
- ‘Wide, curving beaches below the treeless headland are accessible by trail.’
- ‘The island is very flat and virtually treeless.’
- ‘She is talking about new houses huddled beside one another in a treeless community.’
- ‘There is an active programme of planting trees, especially in treeless suburbs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.