One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tamarillo
- ‘The tree tomato is 2 or 3 inches long and 1 ½ to 2 inches wide and and resembles a hen's egg in shape.’
- ‘He observed that among the plants they cultivated were potatoes; the tree tomato, whose tart fruit makes a lovely juice; and naranjilla, with its large fuzzy purple leaves and delicious fruit.’
- ‘I found the tree tomatoes did not do well during the hot periods of summer - I have had to move them to the shade.’
- ‘Although it looks much like a medium-sized tomato, the tree tomato is not a true tomato.’
- ‘Alas, the tree tomato is one of those beguiling novelties that the nursery trade is so fond of.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.