A structure that has successive branchings or subdivisions.
- ‘You control the layout in a tree structure on the left hand side of the screen.’
- ‘This need not imply either binary data formats or simple semantics; for example, one can send a complex tree structure in prefix or postfix notation, one node per line.’
- ‘The data structures are stored separately from the nodal tree structure and each of the first node and the plurality of second nodes references one of the data structures.’
- ‘A form of hypertext that predates the World Wide Web, it is arranged in a tree structure.’
- ‘It is visually obvious that the tree structure reflects the geographic structure of genes on chromosome 19.’