One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small squirrellike insectivorous mammal with a pointed snout, native to Southeast Asia, especially Borneo.
- ‘They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.’
- ‘The mammals the researchers studied were the platypus, echidna, opossum, wallaby, hedgehog, mouse, rat, rabbit, cow, pig, bat, tree shrew, colugo, ringtail lemur, and humans.’
- ‘Like elephant shrews, tree shrews have often been considered a divergent family of Insectivora.’
- ‘Group III contains many of the most studied mammals, including the primates, rodents, rabbits, and a tree shrew.’
- ‘In the first scene a small bird rests peacefully in a tree with its back toward the next scene, evidently unaware of the small tree shrew perched beside a water jar below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.