One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widespread Old World pipit which inhabits open country with scattered trees.
Anthus trivialis, family Motacillidae
- ‘The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.’
- ‘Meadow pipits and occasionally tree pipits can be seen in summer.’
- ‘Their breast is yellower than the meadow pipit's and tree pipits have redder legs.’
- ‘Of the woodland species, they are studying chaffinches, great tits, blackbirds, robins, jays, tree pipits, and others.’
- ‘Birds such as the tree pipit and spotted flycatcher showed declines of up to 70% in some areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.