One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for whistling duck
- ‘‘We didn't take any tree ducks during that week of regular duck season,’ Tyler said.’
- ‘Being a tree duck they do fly extremely well, unless pinioned, and will roost at the highest point available.’
- ‘Also, teal-season hunters must be cautious not to knock down brightly colored tree ducks on the prairie or mahogany-plumed mottled ducks in the marsh.’
- ‘It is believed that tree ducks, also referred to as whistling ducks, make up a separate subfamily.’
- ‘These ducks are called woodies or tree ducks in some localities because they perch and nest in trees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.