One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for whistling duck
- ‘Being a tree duck they do fly extremely well, unless pinioned, and will roost at the highest point available.’
- ‘These ducks are called woodies or tree ducks in some localities because they perch and nest in trees.’
- ‘Also, teal-season hunters must be cautious not to knock down brightly colored tree ducks on the prairie or mahogany-plumed mottled ducks in the marsh.’
- ‘It is believed that tree ducks, also referred to as whistling ducks, make up a separate subfamily.’
- ‘‘We didn't take any tree ducks during that week of regular duck season,’ Tyler said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.