One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wave in which the medium moves in the direction of propagation.
- ‘The significance of local resonance in the cochlea has been well recognized, and local resonance can be considered as a limit where the traveling wave's group velocity substantially decreases while within a region of very light damping.’
- ‘In the middle phase, cooperators form traveling waves that are eroded on one side by new defectors and built up on the other by converted loners.’
- ‘With this setup it is possible to initiate traveling waves and to control the wave velocity.’
- ‘In effect, they trade the translational kinetic energy of a traveling wave for more displacement energy in a standing wave.’
- ‘In the actual system, the aft half of the body undulates with a traveling wave of increasing amplitude envelope as described in Anderson and Kerrebrock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.