One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wave in which the medium moves in the direction of propagation.
- ‘The significance of local resonance in the cochlea has been well recognized, and local resonance can be considered as a limit where the traveling wave's group velocity substantially decreases while within a region of very light damping.’
- ‘In the actual system, the aft half of the body undulates with a traveling wave of increasing amplitude envelope as described in Anderson and Kerrebrock.’
- ‘In the middle phase, cooperators form traveling waves that are eroded on one side by new defectors and built up on the other by converted loners.’
- ‘In effect, they trade the translational kinetic energy of a traveling wave for more displacement energy in a standing wave.’
- ‘With this setup it is possible to initiate traveling waves and to control the wave velocity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.