One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having traveled to many places.‘he was widely traveled’
- ‘Of the seven summer signings made by Billy Davies - balancing something of a mass exodus at the end of last season - David Kelly must be the widest travelled.’
- ‘They must be the most travelled band in the world!’
- ‘As a much travelled male, I can say with confidence that Irish women are as classy as they come, and classier than most.’
- ‘Under the much travelled Serbian coach Bora Milutinovic, China reached their first World Cup finals three years ago in South Korea and Japan.’
2Used by people traveling.‘a less well-traveled route’
- ‘I have to take the less travelled toll highway, the 407, because my mom is nervous on the busier 401, so the distance is a little further.’
- ‘Road films shot outdoors extensively, with travel, action, comedy and adventure packed in them, are less travelled territory for Kollywood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.